Thanks to Pop Secret for sponsoring today’s discussion. All opinions and my love for perfect popcorn are 100% my own!
Does your family enjoy family movie night as much as mine does? (We’re actually sitting here watching Days of Thunder as I write this.) Movies nights are special in our house because with busy work schedules, kids with extra-curricular activities, and very little down time, we are often in different places, eating at different times, and barely seeing each other in passing. Movie nights are a time that we can all just hang out together and relax and that makes it special.
Something else that makes movie night even more fun, is making a big ole bag of popcorn for everyone to enjoy. I mean what movie night is complete without popcorn? Exactly, it’s not! Unfortunately sometimes we get sidetracked, or let the kids make it and that awesome bag of popcorn ends up burning in the microwave. You know what that means right? That stinky burned popcorn smell – it kind of puts a damper on the whole shebang!
Pop Secret is going to make burned popcorn a thing of the past though with their new Perfect Pop app for iOS. Once you download, you just open the app and in a few simple steps, you have yourself some perfect popcorn! With your iPhone 5+ on iOS 7+, download Perfect Pop (“Perfect Popcorn”) for free on the App Store. Here’s how it works:
1. Put a bag of Pop Secret in the microwave and enter suggested cooking time from the packaging. Note: Perfect Pop is optimized for the deliciousness of Pop Secret popcorn only.
2. Turn up the volume on your iPhone. Point the phone’s speaker towards the microwave and keep within 3 feet.
3. Start the microwave, and then start the app.
No more relying on the popcorn button or guessing how many seconds in between pops. Pop Secret is serious about perfect popcorn, so the less you have to worry about, the more time you can spend enjoying movie night with your friends & family. Perfect Pop listens to the pops, waiting for the precise moment to let you know when your popcorn is perfect.
So to re-cap, how do you have a successful family movie night?
- Plan it so that the entire family is there. Depending on what your family’s schedule is, this may even be a few days in advance so that there are no scheduling conflicts.
- Make sure you have a couple movie choices that everyone will like – Disney is always a good choice, but around my place, you really can’t go wrong with a good horror flick either.
- Make sure you have Pop Secret popcorn on hand and download the Perfect Pop app.
- Sit, eat, and enjoy! Family movie night is now a smashing success!
Do you have family movie nights at your house? What’s your favorite movie or favorite type of movie to watch? Let me know in the comments below and thanks for reading!