I received some of these items for review purposes. All opinions are 100% my own. This post includes affiliate links.
I have several trips planned over the next few months and as a person who hasn’t really traveled all that much in the past, I find myself asking what I need to pack, how I need to pack and what can I absolutely not forget to take? Everyone you ask will have a different answer, but I’ve come across a few items that will be making it in my suitcase and that are definitely worth a mention.
1. TravelWise Packing Cubes – I absolutely love these. I have already used them for a weekend trip out of town and they will definitely be traveling with my on my adventures this summer and fall. The TravelWise 3 piece Weekender packing cube set allows clothes to stay folded, neat, and separated in the suitcase. The cubes are fantastic for staying organized and help you avoid over packing (one of my biggest problems!). These are made of lightweight, durable nylon, and multi-sized cubes allow you to compartmentalize similar items such as shirts, pants, undies and electronic accessories. I love having a separate “cube” for each category of clothing. The open mesh panel affords breath-ability and visibility–which is nice too.
2. Rayon Maxi Dress – Okay, admittedly I’m not a big dress fan. They’re super cute…on other people. Want to know a secret? I think I have fat knees so I hate dresses and skirts. Don’t judge. If I do wear one, it has to be long or worn with leggings. That’s why this Maxi Dress by VehJoin is freaking perfect! It’s super cute and it’s long. I love how it’s easy to care for – just regular wash and dry, no wrinkles to worry about because it’s Rayon, which means packing for travel is no problem. I think it will be super fun in the day worn casually with flip flops and easy to dress up a bit for evening functions with a cute pair of heels or wedges and maybe a cardigan. I love things that are multi-purpose and for the price, I think this is going to be the perfect travel companion this summer.
3. Makeup Survival Kit – I told you about the Victoria Jackson Cosmetics survival kit last week and how it was so perfect for ladies on the go. This little kit has just about everything you’ll need, and even gives you multiple shade options to choose from so pairing outfits or creating different looks is totally doable, even with this tiny little kit. The less room I take up in my suitcase with makeup, the more swag I can bring back home so this Survival Kit is definitely going to be making it’s rounds in the upcoming months.
4. Portable Charger – I cannot stress enough what a lifesaver this little tube of power is. On the plane, running around conference centers all day and night, out and about enjoying the town…there isn’t always a place to stop and plug in and woe is me if my cell phone battery dies! I mean without my smartphone how will I navigate a new town, or take those gorgeous photos of my uh-may-zing lunch that are bound to show up on Instagram? These little portable chargers will help to ensure that those phones stay charged and life can go on as it should. I have like 10 of these things around the house, you know just in case, and I can honestly say that I will never travel without one again. Just charge it before you go, it fits nicely in your purse or bag, even in a small purse or wristlet, and for under $20 your recharging worries are over.
5. Luggage Scale – Okay, I threw this little gadget in here because I’m cheap. I mean flight tickets are expensive enough, then you have to pay to check luggage on top of that. And if your bag is even a little over the allowed weight (usually 50 lbs) for checked bags, the additional fees they charge are insane! A luggage scale helps me make sure the airline is not taking any more of my hard earned money than necessary. It’s nice to have and it’s easy to take with you becuase you know your bag is going to be heavier when you come home than when you left! I just think they’re super handy and just gives me a little peace of mind that there will be no suprises, at least where my bags are concerned, when I get to the airport.
What’s your travel must have item? Let me know in the comments below and thanks for reading!
Corina Ramos saysApril 1, 2015 at 11:24 am
I need to get these. The hubs and I like to get away for the weekend and these would be perfect! Thanks for sharing :).
Scott saysApril 1, 2015 at 6:51 pm
I would add some type of travel kit for toiletries. That way you never run afoul of the TSA.
Alison saysApril 2, 2015 at 8:40 am
Good point Scott and I do have one, but I generally pack most of that stuff in my checked luggage and not my carry on so it hasn’t been an issue when I do have a full size container of something.
M from kmstayathomelife saysApril 1, 2015 at 8:47 pm
I’ve found out how important those portable chargers are when mine died!
PATRICE M FOSTER saysApril 1, 2015 at 10:10 pm
Like the portable charger …goes well fit in pocket book. Thanks for sharing tips.
Angela Christoper saysApril 2, 2015 at 4:47 am
Thank you for sharing your wonderful tips, my family really loves to travel.
Debbie Denny saysApril 2, 2015 at 7:55 am
Oh I want all of these. Very habdy and usefull.
Liz Mays saysApril 2, 2015 at 8:16 am
I need to try those packing cubes. I’m curious about them. I always travel with my luggage scale. I LOVE that thing!
Mhie Lee saysApril 2, 2015 at 9:55 am
I love the idea of having your own scale- that saves you a lot of time. Thanks for sharing.
Chrystal @ YUM eating saysApril 2, 2015 at 5:41 pm
I love to keep things organized and tidy so those cube suitcase packers would be perfect for me. I tend to roll my clothes so that I can make room for the new stuff I’ll be bringing home.