I didn’t realize it until the last minute….well, I did a couple of weeks ago and then forgot again, because you know, I’ve got a couple things going on here and there, but today is my 1 year Blogiversary! It’s weird because it doesn’t seem like an entire year has gone by since I started this journey, but at the same time it feel like I’ve been doing it forever. Makes total sense right?
So what have done, learned, and achieved over the last year? Let’s see…
- Over 150 posts, which is about 3 per week on average. I’m pretty happy that I’ve been able to remain pretty consistent and I think that’s an awesome number for 1 year of work.
- I’ve learned tons about photography and editing. I wouldn’t say I’m a pro yet, but I’m a lot better and learning more every day.
- Soooo close to 5,000 Facebook fans (4,940 to be exact)
- Over 4,000 Twitter Followers (which is amazing for a girl that hadn’t used Twitter at all a year ago)
- I posted my first Vlog on You Tube – -this girl doesn’t like cameras, but here I am posting videos on You Tube…craziness!
- Attended my first blog conference (and you can bet I’m hooked and already planning out my conference schedule for next year…well, the conference schedule I’d like to have if the budget allows).
- Time Management – I’ve learned to be better at it and more aware of when I start to go overboard and neglect family time. It’s usually the snarky comments about “mom’s blog” from the rest of the family that clue me in. That means close the laptop and chill…the remainder of time they’re totally supportive.
- Made friends — yes they are virtual friends, whom I’ve never met, but whom I respect and feel like I know just about as well as my real life close proximity friends. These friends have accepted me, a girl they didn’t know, supported me, critiqued me, and helped me grow and learn as a blogger and for that I am truly thankful.
- Passion…when I started this journey, I kind of approached it ass backwards. I had a general idea in mind, but it wasn’t until I really started getting into the blogging world that I really developed a vision and real goals for my blog. Now though, now it’s a driving force in my life and I needed that. I needed something that was just mine and that I was passionate and excited about.
The fact is though, that I would not, and could not have done, learned, or achieved any of these things without support from my family, friends, fans, and loyal readers. It’s been an amazing experience so far (sometimes frustrating, but I think that’s the case with any new trail blazed) and I really appreciate every page view, like, comment, and share from each and every one of you. So Happy Blogiversary to Horseshoes & Hand Grenades, and here’s looking forward to many more!
jbrobeck saysAugust 27, 2014 at 8:45 am
I am going on 5 years and I haven’t attended a blog conference yet! Jealous!
Heather @ Life of a Traveling Navy Wife saysAugust 27, 2014 at 12:16 pm
Happy 1st year! 🙂
NORAH saysAugust 27, 2014 at 1:26 pm
HAPPY BLOG anniversary!
Being a blogger is really about being persistent and creative so kudos for the milestones 🙂
Myrabev saysAugust 27, 2014 at 1:48 pm
Happy Blogaversary it’s funny how fast time flies by. Now I need your secrets for those blog stats lol
Alison saysAugust 27, 2014 at 7:54 pm
Yes it has gone by so fast…as far as secrets, I have none lol – just being consistent and persistent with posting, networking, and when you think you’re annoying people on social media, you should probably promote that post one more time lol
1stopmom saysAugust 28, 2014 at 1:45 pm
Congratulations! You have accomplished a lot!