I received a product for free in order to facilitate my review. This post does contain affiliate links. All opinions are 100% my own.
I think my hair may be turning blue…I feel like I’m getting old fast lately. I like to call it more wise and mature, but let’s face it, I have almost become a real life grown-up and I’m not entirely sure how to feel about that.
1. An evening at home with no plans, no obligations, and no reason to wear a bra sounds divine. Comfort and relaxation has finally trumped vanity and looking for a good time. Show me my couch, a beer and sweat pants, and you’ve got a happy girl on your hands.
2. My back hurts…not because I tweaked it doing some extreme sport or something even remotely exciting, but becuase I slept wrong. I mean how can you even do that? I didn’t know until I started getting older that there was a “right” way to sleep — evidently there is and unfortunately I haven’t found it yet. Any tips on this one are appreciated.
3. I have prescriptions…yes there’s an “s” on the end meaning multiple. Now I’m not ancient yet, so they’re not long term and recurring at this point thank goodness, but every time I go to the doctor he sends me home with like four or five prescriptions for some weird ailment. I feel like I need a daily pill box and a list to keep track sometimes.
4. Everyone under the age of 25 is “just a kid” and bless their hearts they have so much to learn! Now a lot of these kids are tryting to be responsible, hard working, productive adults, but they still just seem so “green”. I didn’t seem that naive at that age did I? No way , not possible…
5. I spell out the words in my text messages and IM’s…at least most of them. You know, using proper grammar and conjunctions and all that crazy stuff. When I see stuff that my nieces and nephews post on Facebook or sometimes text, man I feel like a rocket scientist when I successfully decode it without calling in the assistance of my 12 year old. Huzzah!
6. Remember those yoga pants and sweat pants I’m so fond of? Well they’re also acceptable attire to leave the house in. Some call it lazy, I call it comfort, and unless I was headed to the emergency room, that would not be okay if it was 15-20 years ago. Shoot even the E.R. may have required running a brush though my hair and a make-up touch up — not anymore. I’m totally okay with going out in sweats…I mean my “good” sweats anyway.
7. I have “good” sweats. Yes, separate sweat pants, sweat shirts, yoga pants or whatever that are acceptable to wear in public. Some are only couch and bed worthy, but the fact that I have a separate class of comfy clothes for public outings…well now that I say it out loud I’m not even sure how I feel about that.
8. I pay my bills before I buy designer jeans. Absolutely no fun in that right? Don’t get me wrong, I still like to splurge every now and then, but at one time, an amazing looking ass would have been way more of a priority than the power bill. Evidently now I prefer lights, heat and yoga pants (which by the way you can get an amazing deal on in the clearance section at Aeropastle…see I can still shop with the cool kids!)
9. Similar to #4 above, when I go out (which is almost never), all the people at the bar, look 12 to me. Only a couple years ago (okay maybe a few more than that), I was those kids having a blast, now those drunken 12 year olds just annoy me…pretty sure I was never like that. Not possible…I’ve always had more class than that right?
10. This quite possibly should be #1 because it’s the worst (like painfully bad). I can’t recover from drinking like I used to. I used to be able to drink every night, and get up on two or three hours of sleep, go to work and do it again five or six days a week – no problem. No so much anymore. I’m kind of ashamed to admit it, but one too many drinks generally requires about a two day recovery period these days – no joke. Sad right? Thankfully, for us “middle-agers” that know we shouldn’t but still tend to overdo it sometimes, there is now help for that!!
It’s called Never Hungover Hangover Prevention Drink – the official drink before you drink with zero carbs, zero calories and zero sugars (so those of us on that never ending diet, totally covered). It has a pretty good lemon-lime flavor so it doesn’t taste like crap, because honestly, who wants to feel like they’ve just sucked down a bottle of Robitussin just so they can go out and have fun? (No offense Robitussin, you do a fine job, but admit it, you don’t taste good at all.) Never Hungover is vitamin packed with B vitamins, potassium, aloe vera, milk thistle, so that you keep feeling great even when you shouldn’t. Never Hungover can be consumed as a shot or a mixer and can be taken up to an hour before or while consuming alcohol which is handy for those of use oldies that can’t even remember to take their meds on time. You can’t mess this one up!
If you’re saying maybe you don’t want to sucummb to age and you need to Never Hungover a try, it’s available at NeverHungover.com, Amazon (Prime), MGM Resorts and GNC stores across the country. Also, you’re in luck because Never Hungover is giving away FREE trials of their 2oz bottles right now.n Check out NeverHungover.com for your own free trial or get 20% off your order with code 20NH at checkout!
So do tell…what was one of the things you’ve done, said, or realized recently that made you shake your head and say “damn! I’m getting old!” Let me know in the comments below and we can all laugh, cry, and mature with each other. Thanks for reading!