This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.#MinionsMovieNight #CollectiveBias
I’m sure y’all know by now that the Minions movie is now available to purchase at many of your favorite stores. Of course we had to snatch it up the first day it was out because the kids wanted to see it so badly. (Okay, maybe mom and dad wanted to see it worse, but who’s comparing right?.)
Around our house, we don’t usually just sit down and watch a movie on family movie night. We make a whole production out of it complete with food, decorations, and games. As the kids are getting older and mom and dad get busier, schedules mesh less frequently and these family movie nights are a very special time.
You can’t have a party without copious amounts food so of course there are cookies and chips and candy galore. Since finger foods are much better for movie watching than actual meals, I decided to try my hand at making some bite size baked cheese sticks as well.
As you can see they turned out fabulous and the bite sized cheesy goodness was almost as popular as those crazy Minions on the screen. I’m not going to spoil it for those of you that haven’t seen it yet, but I will say Illumination Entertainment has outdone themselves once again. That crazy Kevin is just as adorably evil as ever and once you add his trusty side kicks Bob and Stuart to the mix, you’ve got a trio that will make you bust a gut with laughter!
If anyone is on the fence, I will tell you Minions © 2015 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. is one flick you’re going to want to buy for your movie collection because it’s going to be watched several times. (A hot Christmas gift idea maybe?!!) My daughter is in her room watching it again as I sit here and write this. Lucky for me there’s a digital download code included with the Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack so we can even watch on the go. Lucky for everyone there are several places to pick Minions up so be sure to keep tabs on the website for a list of current retailers.
So let’s dish. What’s your favorite movie night recipe? Need a little inspiration? Be sure to check out more delicious recipes inspired by the Minions movie release. Be sure to let me know your faves in the comments below and thanks for reading!
- 1 Cup Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Italian Parmesan Cheese
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 1 Package String Cheese (12 count) *I like to vary my cheeses, so choose any flavors you like.
- Pizza Sauce for Dipping
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In one bowl add flour.
- In second bowl mix milk and eggs.
- In third bowl mix bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Cut cheese sticks in 1/2 for bite sized version.
- Roll each piece of cheese in flour, then dip in egg mixture, and finally roll in bread crumb mixture until evenly coated.
- Place on cookie sheet and freeze for 30 min. (I usually do this while the oven is heating.)
- Remove from freezer and place directly into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with pizza sauce or any of your favorite dipping sauces.