It’s been almost a month since I went to Mom 2.0 Summit in beautiful Laguna Niguel, CA. If you follow me on social media (and I can’t think of any reason why you wouldn’t), you probably saw me posting photos and videos along the way.
Last weekend I was in Western, WA for my daughters horse show, right now I’m in a car heading home from Spokane, WA where I’ve been the last two days for a service meeting. This weekend is Memorial Day and we’ll be road tripping. The weekend after that another horse show in another part of WA. Fourth of July we’re headed to the Oregon Coast, then mid June Coeur d’ Alene, ID, July back to Oregon, then Western WA and who knows what in August, September, and October. In November we have a big trip planned to Walt Disney World and then Miami and a few other places in Florida. A lot of time away from home that’s for sure.
It gets tiring when it seems I’m always on the go but I love it. I like seeing and trying new things, the beauty of the different landscapes and different cultures and yes, I adore the variety in cuisine. I could totally eat my way through vacation – it’s all just so darn good! As much as I like to experience new people, places and things though, there are a few things that I have to have when I’m on the go:
- A credit card. Not your regular card attached to the family’s account but something separate and secret and stashed somewhere other than . This is for emergencies. They happen. Accounts can get locked up and issues can arise and you don’t want to be left with zero funds to count on. This doesn’t even have to be an actual credit card, but could be a prepaid card of some type. but I highly suggest never keeping all of your eggs in one basket.
- A good portable charger. I’m not talking about those cute little lipstick charger that will give you like 22 extra minutes on your battery. I’m talking about a heavy duty bad boy of a charger that will charge you phone multiple times and take on a laptop too if necessary. There’s nothing worse than needing to look up directions or snap the family memory of a lifetime only to be racing the red battery bar on your device.
- Ziplock type bags. These are perfect for storing anything that has been opened or may possibly leak. Maybe someone has an accident or you’re swimsuits still haven’t completely dried out? Stuff them in these little babies to protect your other belongings. They’re also awesome to put a few wet wipes in just in case you need one (and you always need one). Small jewelry or anything small that you need to keep track of? Ziplock bag.
- Flip flops or tennis shoes. For more casual travelers this may not even be a question, but sometimes we forget the most common stuff trying not to forget the “important” things. If you’re not wearing them on the plane, I suggest packing them in a carry-on because there’s nothing worse than having to sprint across an airport or end up walking further than you thought you’d have to for something in uncomfortable shoes.
- Good luggage. Not luggage from the local discount store the real deal. If you travel or plan on traveling a lot, invest in some quality luggage. Airlines are hard on the stuff and cheap sounds good, but not if you have to replace it every few trips. I love my Painter Spinner from American Tourister. It’s roomy – I can easily pack for a week with room left to spare in this bag. It’s hard sided and durable so TSA hasn’t been able to ruin it yet. There is a built in TSA approved lock and the interior includes a section for toiletries that prevents any leaks that may happen from ever reaching your clothes. Possibly my favorite part of this line, the bright colors. There are so many black bags coming off the baggage claim at any given time that it can be difficult to pick yours out of the masses. The bold print and bright colors let you spot what’s yours and get out of there with a quickness and who wants to hang out at the airport any longer than you have to?
Of courses depending on where you go, there may be other location specific necessities, but these five right here are ones you’ll find me packing every single time….now, off to unpack and repack for the next round!
Thank you to American Tourister for sending me an amazing item from their new painter line for review. All opinions are 100% my own. This post does contain affiliate links.