Halloween is creeping up on us fast and of course the kids are reminding me that it’s time to feed the savages! School parties, daycare festivities and of course fun with good old family and friends – what fun treats do we have up our sleeve this year? A few days ago I shared 25 of my favorite Halloween Treats from across the web, but today I wanted to share with you this easy, fun, delicious and spooky Monster Munch Snack Mix! Perfect for parties or just to have at home to munch on. No matter why you make it though, be sure to make plenty because one thing I do know, it will be gone in a flash!
Monster Munch Ingredients
1 C sugar
1/2 C unsalted butter, room temp (so it’s soft)
3 C Karo syrup
12 C plain popped popcorn – no butter or salt
Food Coloring in a variety of colors
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Put popped popcorn on a large baking sheet – separated into sections for each color (this may take multiple pans).
3. Add butter, Karo syrup, and sugar in a large pot cooking on medium heat until bubbly. Continue to cook it for another 3-4 minutes.
4. Take the pot off of the stove and separate mixture into separate cups (1 for each different color of food coloring you want to use). Try to work quickly so it doesn’t get too cool and thicken up too much. Carefully add the food coloring and mix.
5. Pour the hot, colored mixture onto the popcorn and using a large spoon coated with cooking spray stirring until all of the popcorn is well coated. Put the roasting pan filled with flavored coated popcorn in the oven baking at 200 degrees for 45 minutes. Be sure to stir the popcorn every 15 minutes. Let Cool .
Adding the Candy
1 package of spooky eyes
1 bag of Whoppers
1 bag of Mellow-cream pumpkin candy
1 bag of Wilton candy wafers
Orange and white M&M’s
Add all of the ingredients & cooled popcorn together in a large bowl. Mix well.
*This post does contain affiliate links.*
[…] MONSTER MUNCH HALLOWEEN SNACK MIX […]