Thanks to Foster Farms for sponsoring this post.
Summertime is coming to an end and livin is….err…well not as easy as one might think. It’s hot, then cold, we’re busy and sometimes I feel like there’s even so much more to during the school year. That can’t possibly be right can it? This fall we’re juggling showing horses, all-star cheer, marching band, and oh, work…that always seems to get in the way. Factor in some family time away here and there, and fundraising because it’s a trip year for both kids in their extra-curricular activities, and I’m pretty sure this mama is beat…I really haven’t had time to check!
Where am I going with this? I’m a mama that loves tech, especially tech developments that makes life easier or more convenient. I mean that’s kind of what everyone wants isn’t it? Sadly, I’m a horrible meal planner and I don’t use lists enough so I get groceries that don’t necessarily go together a lot. It’s a problem, and just one of those areas of life where an adultier adult would be nice sometimes. Since the spare adult supply seems to running low these days Foster Farms has our backs. Busy moms and dads you’re going to be just as excited about the new DORI™ QR code as I am!
Foster Farms DORI™ is accessible via smartphones and with a quick scan of the interactive on-pack QR code, you have instant access to coupons, recipes, and even information about where your Foster Farms chicken comes from. With Foster Farms, I can look recipes up on the spot, get only what I need, and in the long run save precious time and money!! And there are so many great recipes there are to choose from!!
The Lemon Grilled Chicken that we tried last weekend was absolutely amazing and it literally required one thing, beside the chicken of course, that I didn’t already have in my pantry. Winning!!
Foster Farms Lemon Grilled Chicken
Makes 4 Servings
- Foster Farms Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Fillets or Tenders (about 1 1/4 pounds total)
- 2 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely snipped fresh lemon thyme or thyme, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 lemons, halved
Active Time 20m
Total Time 90m
- Place the chicken in a sealable plastic bag in a shallow bowl. For marinade, in a small bowl, stir together broth, lemon zest, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon thyme and pepper. Pour over chicken. Seal bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours, turning bag occasionally. Drain chicken, reserving marinade.
- Grill chicken on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 12 to 15 minutes or until no longer pink, turning and brushing with marinade halfway through grilling. Discard any remaining marinade. Add lemon halves to grill for the last 3 minutes of grilling.
- Serve chicken with grilled lemons and, if desired, top with additional fresh thyme.
Be sure to check out Foster Farms fresh chicken the next time you head to the grocery store, scan the DORI™ QR code and see what awesome savings and recipes you can find!
What’s your favorite chicken recipe? Would this help solve a problem that you have or make meal planning any easier? Let me know in the comments below and thanks for reading!!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.