While it feels like winter some days with snow already on the ground in places here in the Pacific Northwest, technically it’s still fall. Typically fall is one of my favorite seasons…call me “basic” but I love boots, leggings, baggy sweaters, and everything pumpkin spice. I also really like tacos, but you get my point here. One of the best things about fall and heading into the holiday season is all the goodies that get baked. Now I’m not quite ready to bust out with the Christmas Fudge yet, but these Peanut Butter Pumpkin Spice Cookies are definitely a great way to welcome the change in seasons.
PUMPKIN SPICE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
1 C unsalted butter, room temp
2 eggs, room temp
1 C peanut butter
1 TBSP vanilla
2 1/2 C flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 TBSP pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp salt
1 C sugar
1 C brown sugar
Let’s make cookies!
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and let’s start by mixing all of the dry ingredients together. Flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Once mixed, set that aside.
- Add the brown sugar with the white sugar in a second mixing bowl. On low-medium speed add the butter to the combined sugars beating until the mixture is creamy.
- In a small bowl, whip the eggs. Slowly pour in the eggs while continuing to beat together all of the ingredients until they are well blended. Mix in the peanut butter and vanilla until everything is completely incorporated.
- Slowly begin to scoop in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients . Mix until all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Cover the bowl with the cookie dough with cling wrap and place it in the refrigerator for ½ hour while you preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator and make small dough balls. Place these cookie dough balls on the parchment paper lined cookie sheets spacing each dough ball at least 2 inches away from each other.
- Dip a fork into a bowl with sugar then use it to flatten the cookies making a crisscross pattern.
- Bake the cookies at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle white sugar on top of each cookie.
- Allow the cookies to cool briefly on the cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.