Some of these items I received for free, some I purchased on my own, and some links are affililate links. I have personally used each and every one of these items over the past few weeks and months though and I really do have them in my curent travel bag because I love them.
I just returned from my first trip of the year (which you can read about here) and I have several more, business and personal, lined up over the summer and into the fall. Since I’m going to be on the go so much, there are a few things that I’ve decided it’s best to just keep in my travel bag so that it’s ready at all times and so I don’t forget anything that I want to take. These are just a few random things that I love having with me to make my trips just a little more fun or stress free.
1. Diamond Earrings – First off, these are lab created so they’re very fairly priced (about $60). They’re beautiful though just the same an they really can fancy up an outfit with a quickness so I like to keep them in my travel bag. Jewels is something I always forget so with a pair of these, I know I can always finish off my outfits if need be.
2. Vita Sciences Maxasorb Melatonin Cream – I have trouble falling asleep anyway, but when you’re traveling and away from your own bed, sometimes it can be even harder so this is my little go-to when I need a little extra help. Just before bedtime, rub the easily absorbed, odorless lotion on your arms or legs. For travelers trying to ease the effects of jet lag, apply Maxasorb Melatonin lotion the day of travel close to the target bedtime at your destination. This will aid in falling asleep faster, improves alertness during the day, and reduces daytime fatigue. Use the product throughout the trip and for a week after return to help your body readjust its natural sleep cycle. So far I’ve had great results with this and absolutely no adverse effects.
3. Dry Shampoo – This can save the day when you’re running late no matter where you are, but it’s definitely a life saver when you’re traveling. You never know what different climates will do to your hair so not only can this save you if you wake up late in the morning, it can give your lock a little extra boost in a humid climate or when you need to pretty up a bit before an evening function.I’ve tried several different brands and for the price, I have to say Batiste is my personal fave. It’s not very expensive, it works great, and you can get several different fragrances like Cherry!
4. Portable Lipstick Charger – I’m sure I’ve mentioned how much I love these before. I don’t think I could manage a conference or a long day of flying without one. This is the one I’m currently using and it fits into bags perfectly, big or small, and does a great job of charging that cell phone back up. I’m fond of this one because of the light pink color – I just think it’s feminine and cute and definitely affordable.
5. Lip Balm – I wear this every single day under my lip color and it’s still the one thing I always forget to pack. I have no idea how I forget it because I never leave home without it normally, but when I travel, nowhere to be found. Now I just buy extras and put one in my travel bag so that it’s always there. One of my favorites is…..because it has no color, is not “tacky” and it has a minty feel on your lips. You can wear it alone or you can still wear whateve lip color you’re in the mood for.
6. Massage Oil – This is more for personal excursions when the hubs is traveling with me, or the occasional business trip that he’s able to tag along on. Traveling is stressful and I can sometimes be a little high-stung and anxious when traveling which equates to tension and headaches by the end of the day. This comes in really handy and is a great way to not only relax, but also get some quality time in with the hubby. My favorite right now is……it’s not greasy and really absorbs into the skin so your back and shoulders don’t feel sticky after using. It smells……
So there you have it, some of the crazy random stuff that I have in my travel bag. What’s something that you can’t leave home without or that makes your trips away a little more like home? Let me know in the comments below and thanks for reading!