This post was sponsored by the MetLife TRICARE Dental Program as part of an Ambassador Program for Influence Central.
Let’s review…in the last couple of months I’ve shared a some information with you about the MetLife TRICARE Dental Program. We learned about changes for 2016 that we needed to pay attention to. We also discussed Children’s Dental Health Month and how taking care of those chompers while they’re little will help them be healthier adults. We talked about why oral and dental health is just as important to monitor as physical and emotional health and how oral health can be tied to other problems like diabetes. We mentioned how military families are really missing out on some great benefits for their families if they’re not taking advantage of the MetLife TRICARE Dental program. But guess what? There’s more and if you aren’t already excited about the program and reaping as many of the benefits as you possibly can, then maybe this will get you thinking…
Did You Know?
- The MetLife TRICARE Dental Program enrollees have access to one of the largest civilian dental networks incorporating over 250,000 dental locations! That’s a lot of dentists and that means a lot of options and the ability to find a provider that suits the needs of your family. It’s nice to know you have choices.
- It is important to make sure you confirm your coverage. A sponsor’s family is not automatically enrolled in the TRICARE Dental Program even though they may have TRICARE medical. Dental coverage requires separate enrollment but fortunately it is done easily on-line, by phone or by filling out an enrollment form and mailing it in. This is important so that families can take full advantage of the very competitively priced benefits offered, including preventive and diagnostic services.
- The MetLife TDP has an Accidental Annual Maximum of $1,200 per beneficiary per plan year that can help your sponsor prepare for that unexpected tooth injury. That’s right, that tooth injury that happens at the park, during a sporting event or tripping over that random bump in the floor (all very real examples of the weird crap that happens to real families), the treatment and services for those accidents may be covered AND this annual maximum is separate from the $1,300 plan annual maximum per beneficiary per plan year. I know a good friend who could have definitely used this benenfit when her son happened to chip or nock a tooth out about 3 years in a row!
Four easy ways to enroll!
Okay, so now that you realize that you’re missing out if you are eligible and not taking advantage of this program, there are four super easy ways to enroll.
1. Online visit www.tricare.mil/bwe
2. Call 1-855-638-8371 CONUS, 1-855-638-8372 OCONUS, or 1-855-638-8373 TDD/TTY
3. Fax a completed Enrollment Authorization document (found on www.tricare.mil/tdp) to 1-855-763-1337
4. Mail a completed Enrollment Authorization document to MetLife TRICARE Dental Program, P.O. Box 14185 Lexington, KY 40512
For additional program information, visitwww.metlife.com/tricare or call the toll-free customer service number at 1-855-638-8371. You can also follow MetLife TDP on Facebook and Twitter to stay updated on any new information about the program.