This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CleanWithMrsMeyers #CollectiveBias
Cleaning house is my very favorite thing to do…said nobody ever. But alas it has to be done and believe it or not, there are things that one can do to make it more, dare I say, enjoyable. In fact, it should really be something that we take pride in. After all, a clean home is so much more than just aesthetically pleasing, it affects your family’s health, and it also teaches your youngsters life skills and responsibility. All that though, doesn’t mean it’s always fun or that you always have the time to do what needs to be done so these are some of my favorite time saving cleaning tips.
- 5 Minute Pick-Up. You’d be amazed at how much can get done if every member of the family stops whatever they’re doing and takes 5 minutes to scour the house for things that need to be picked up, thrown away, put away, or wiped up.
- Clean Sponges by putting them in the microwave for 2 minutes – bacteria and stank gone!
- 1 task a day. Cleaning the whole house is overwhelming, but if you break it down into several smaller, realistic tasks, getting the job done seems like a much more attainable goal.
- Metal Vent Covers and Glass Light fixtures can be washed in the dishwasher. BOOM! No more digging out those crevices with your fingernails.
- Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day® cleaning products. They make cleaning your home fresh, fun and fragrant and that just takes a chore and turns it into something much more enjoyable, more of a creative endeavor.
I knew I was going to love Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day® Clean Day products when I found them in the natural and organic items section at our local Fred Meyer. And the selection was amazing – they have pretty much every product available that one would need to pull spring cleaning off with a result that they could be proud of.
Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day® household products are made with natural essential oils, are phosphate-free and never tested on animals so you can be confident that whichever household product you use, it will be good for you, your home and the earth. Kind of gives you the warm fuzzies doesn’t it?
I picked up the Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Clean Day® Lemon Verbena Dish Soap which is rich, thick and grease is a goner. I’m a big fan of lavender as well so I snagged a bottle of the Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day® Lavender Hand soap too. The combo of aloe vera gel and essentials oils leaves an amazing scent but doesn’t dry out your hands which is great after all of that hard work cleaning the house. And possibly my favorite is the Lemon Verbena Multi-Surface Everyday Cleaner. It just smells clean. Since it can be used on all non-porous surfaces such as finished wood and tile floors, countertops, walls, porcelain, bathroom fixtures, sealed natural and synthetic stone, and more, I love that it can replace so many other things that were previously taking up space under my cabinet.
Guess what? Replacing several with one multipurpose cleaner also helps me to save precious time cleaning so that I have more of those minutes to spend making memories with my family. Sounds like a win-win to me! For more inspiration be sure to check out the Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day® Instagram feed– it’s gorgeous.
What’s your best time saving cleaning tip? Let me know in the comments below and thanks for reading!