Throughout its lifetime, your home is going to go through many changes. New paint on the walls, making space for a new addition, replacing the furniture when you get tired of the colors, etc. However, sometimes these changes aren’t so beneficial. Indeed, your home might have caught something that’s making you ill. Maybe it’s making you cough and sneeze and splutter, and you’re not sure where that headache has come from either. Which means now is the time to check out the house you live in, and ask a few people about the signs you see, to ensure you’re not accidentally living under a roof that’s not protecting you properly.
Is There Too Much Gas in the Air?
Gas is something we use on a daily basis; to cook meals, to heat our homes, and even just the waft from a scented candle can release a lot of toxins. Make sure you know what’s in the candle before you light it!
Your home could be holding a lot of gas within it, and usually, this gas is completely colorless and odorless too. That’s what makes it so dangerous – carbon monoxide is the number one worry here, so if you’re experiencing headaches, swimming thoughts, and you seem to be missing periods of the day, be sure to call an expert in to check for levels in the air.
Is There Mold on the Walls?
Mold on the walls can cause a lot of problems within your home. No matter where it’s growing, or how often you seem to scrub it away, the allergens produced by moldy substances can cause you some serious harm.
Maybe you’re having allergic reactions after showering in the bathroom where you’ve spotted a few black spots on the walls. Maybe you’re finding it hard to breathe in the kitchen, where you’ve noticed the seam of the backsplash going a funny color.
Indeed, if you are showing any of these symptoms, or you just know that you live with mold, be sure to visit your doctor as this can be serious. They’ll immediately know what they’re looking at, and they won’t only treat you, but also be able to give you advice on targeting the cause more effectively in your home.
Is There Something in the Water?
And finally, depending on where you live, there could be something in the water that you’d rather wasn’t there. Contaminated water is usually a funny color, and has a weird smell or taste to it, and if you’re not sure about the state of the water coming out of the faucet right now, be sure to boil a few times before you use it. In the meantime, get someone on the phone to check your own home pipes, and be sure to check the status of the water in your area too.
Your home could be making you ill, and it’s important to check for the signs above on a regular basis. Make sure your home really is your haven!
Leave a Reply