It has come to my attention that Easter is just shy of a month away, which I guess seems like a long way since it was ridiculously early last year. Truth be told it’s going to be here before we know it though. I generally put together some baskets for all the kids, and we color and hide eggs and everything, but it’s not a HUGE holiday around our house. The other day though, my wonderful sister sent me a text showing me some chocolate covered peeps she had made. (A little background here, I don’t eat a lot of sweets, but I LOVE me some Peeps!! Like I’ll eat enough to make myself sick. Weird right?) Anyway, you add some chocolate to those delicious little sugar coated marshmallows and you’ve got a winner in my book! Fotrunately for me Sissy was awesome enough to write down the super simple steps to making this delicacy and allowed me to share it with all of you!
WHAT YOU NEED
- Chocolate Chips (Dark or Milk Chocolate- whatever you like)
- Peeps! Whatever Color or Character You Want
- Cake Pop Sticks or Large Tooth Picks
- Small Marshmallows Cut In Half
- Something to Prop Them Up After the Chocolate is Added (Styrofoam or bowl of dried beans)
WHAT YOU DO
- Melt Chocolate Chips in a Microwave Safe Bowl
- Insert Sticks Into Bottom of the Peeps
- Dip Peeps into chocolate and let any excess drip off.
- Stick covered peep into what was chosen to prop up. (I used a bowl of dried beans)
- Apply the cut marshmallow to one side of peep as a tail.
- Place in freezer until chocolate is hard and enjoy.
Note: We store our left overs in the freezer for almost a week and they were great!
Now it really doesn’t get any easier than that! What’s your favorite Easter treat? Let me know in the comments below and thanks for reading!