I received a Keurig 2.0 K550 Brewing System courtesy of Influenster to facilitate my review. This post contains affiliate links. All opinions and my love for coffee are all my own.
Coffee…I have an obsession. Some may call it an addiction, but the fact is I have to have it. Definitely in the morning, often in the afternoons, and sometimes even in the evening. I love it. Needless to say I was stoked when I found out that Influenster was sending me the all new Keurig 2.0 to check out. I had a Keurig brewer, but it was like the very first model that ever came out, so ancient by current standards, and definitely due for an upgrade.
What I Love About This Brewer
- Single Cup or 4-cup Carafe – take your pick because this baby can do both. I tend to use the single cup function when I’m heading out the door for work in the morning or for a quick cup in the evening, but the carafe is awesome on the weekends when you know you’ll be having more than one cup at a time.
- Timers! Yes, you can set the timer to shut the unit off when you won’t be using it or to kick on at say 6:00 am so the water’s good and hot by the time you need it. Any energy saving feature is a win in my book.
- Touch Interface – Super cool and easy to use. It gives you so many more options for the brewer settings (from lighting to timers and cup size) than just the 2 or 3 buttons that were on the original version.
What Could Be Better?
- “Generic” K-Cups – this model will not take them. Now don’t get me wrong, I understand the business reasoning behind it, but in all honesty it kind of sucks. My absolute fave flavor was a generic brand and the price was fabulous but I tried using one in this brewer and it said “no way, no how…I know that’s not the real thing, so I’m not brewing it”. Guess I’ll be testing a whole lot of new Keurig approved flavors to find my new fave!
- Water Only Function – yes this brewer has one, but it only dispenses up to 6 oz of water at a time and I usually end up with about 4 oz instead which means I have to use the function at least twice, sometimes three times to get the amount of hot water I need. On my O.G. version, I just hit the largest cup button and generally had more than enough.
To be entirely honest though, those are the only two things I’ve come across with this brewer that made me go “ehhhh…I wish that were different”. Everything else is uh-may-zing and all the cool stuff definitely outweighs the stuff that doesn’t give me the warm fuzzies. If you’re dying to pick one up for yourself or maybe it would make an awesome Christmas Gift for that special someone, check out the Keurig K550 2.0 Brewer which is the model I ended up with.
What kind of coffee brewer do you have? What’s your fave coffee flavor or is black the way to go? Would you like to check out a new Keurig 2.0 or are you loyal to your current brewer? Let me know in the comments below and thanks for reading!
Brooke @ Blushing Noir saysSeptember 29, 2014 at 10:50 am
I love my Keurig! My first one broke I think back in the Spring so I called Keurig to see if they could help me troubleshoot it. When that didn’t work they let me buy another one, same model (The Premier, maybe?) for more than half off PLUS I got a coupon for 2 boxes of coffee of my choice!!! Needless to say I was a happy camper and will ALWAYS use Keurig because excellent products and excellent CS!
Honeygirlk saysSeptember 29, 2014 at 5:58 pm
that is such a bummer it doesn’t take the generic cups. My first one broke some time back and I need to get it replaced because I miss it though my Starbuck’s Gold Card is happy with Rewards. lol