This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #ExpressUrSelfie #CollectiveBias
How do you feel about music? I mean is it just something you listen to in the car on the way to work or on Saturday morning when you’re cleaning the house or is it really something that’s important? Something that’s part of you? Something you feel in your soul? For me music is an integral part of life. I have always loved music. I even played for about 10 years in marching band and concert band while I was in school. My son has been playing for a few years as well and just tried out for the drum line at the high school which he’ll be attending next year as a freshman. Music is really kind of a thing in our family. But really, what’s not to love about music of all kinds?
Think about it…music is memories. Certain songs trigger all kinds of memories. Good, bad, happy, sad, fun times, dark times…music is kind of a timeline marking major moments along the way. Anything by punk or grunge reminds me of one of my best friends in high school, Sweet Child of Mine of some of the fonder times with my late 1st husband, Whatever It Is, well that brings me back to my wedding day with my current husband. When I hear Down I feel like I’m back in the car road trippin’ with my girl Roach back in the day and there are so many songs from the time I was little up until today that when I hear them play, they just bring me back to a specific moment in time. What else does that to a person?
A Sweepstakes? Of Course!
Coca-Cola™ and Diet Coke® recognize that there’s just something special about music and they are challenging all of you to Share a Coke and A Song by showing the world how you express yourself with music. First you’ll want to stop buy your local Albertson’s store and pick up a few bottles of your fave, either Coca-Cola or Diet Coke. Albertson’s is the best, they’re always on the way wherever you’re going, the sales are amazing and I’m always in and out in a flash – no lines wrapping around the store.
Once you have the necessary staples, you’re ready to enter to win the Share a Coke Sweepstakes at cokeplaytowin.com/
1. Snap a selfie with your favorite lyrics on a Share a Coke bottle or can*
2. Upload your selfie to Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #ShareaCokeSweepstakes
3. Enter up to 12 times to increase your chances of winning a trip for 2 to the2016 American Music Awards®, along with hundreds of other great prizes! Including: wireless headphones, wireless speakers, a 1 year Premium Music App Membership or a $50 Music Gift Card
DIY Vinyl Record Dreamcatcher Tutorial
Once you’ve taken the perfect selfie and uploaded it for your chance to win, come back here and join me in making this awesome dreamcatcher using an old vinyl record and whatever other embellishments your little music loving heart desires. These make awesome personalized gifts because you can incorporate quotes or song lyrics, maybe Mod Podge an album cover on the front, or whatever else would make it special to you and/or the person you might be making it for.
Old Vinyl Record
Leather Cord (About 8 yards for each dreamcatcher)
Beads and Embellishments as Desired
Hole Punch or Drill
Acrylic Paint & Brush OR Photos & Mod Podge (depending on how you want the front of your record to be decorated)
- For this one, I painted the center label black because I knew I was going to be stenciling a design on the front of the album. If you plan on covering it with something else or if you prefer it show, that’s really completely up to you, but if you want it blacked out, painting that is the first thing you want to do.
- Paint or Mod Podge whatever design you want on to the front of your album. You’ll want to let this dry for a few hours before moving on to the next steps. I generally do this piece one evening, let it dry overnight and then finish up the next day.
- Once any paint or sealant has dried, use your hole punch (or drill if you don’t want to use those muscles of yours) and punch 4-6 holes around the bottom of the album. This is where you’ll attach the leather cord pieces that hang down.
- Cut as many pieces of leather cord as you have holes punched. I make my cord about 4 ft. long, and then fold in half so that they hang down about 2 ft. This is not an exact science so as long as all of your pieces are similar in length, you should be fine. String a piece of leather cord through each of the holes in the record.
- Now you can start adding your embellishments. Go crazy – there is no right or wrong way to do this piece- beads, charms, it all goes. My daughter helped me with this one and she wanted butterfly’s so we threw some butterfly’s on ours. Once you’ve got all the embellishments you want strung, finish it off with the feathers on the bottom. Generally you can just slip a bead down over the top of the feather to secure them in place, if all else fails a small bead of hot glue will do the trick, but for this particular one, I never even had to bust out the glue gun.
Tell me, what song takes you back to a particular point in time? Let me know in the comments below and don’t forget to #ExpressUrSelfie for a chance to win the Share a Coke Sweepstakes at cokeplaytowin.com/