Tis the season of dry hands and feet, right ladies?! I’m generally pretty well pedicured and manicured in the spring & summer but come fall and winter I tend to fall off the wagon. I mean I wear boots for basically six months so I guess I’m not as attentive to my tootsies when open toed shoes aren’t in the equation. (You can translate that to I can’t see myself spending $30 on a pedicure that nobody is going to see…yes I’m cheap.) I do like DIY and homemade beauty hacks though and this sugar scrub is easy to make, it works great when you need a little exfoliation help and it fits in with the seasonal decor or makes a fun and useful gift as well. Really there’s no going wrong with this one. The recipe below will yield 1 1/2 cups of sugar scrub when complete.
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
6 Tablespoons of coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or flavoring
6 drops Vitamin E oil
2-3 drops yellow food coloring
2-3 drops orange food coloring
1. Pour 1/2 cup sugar into 3 separate bowls.
2. Add 2 T coconut oil to each bowl and mix well to blend.
3. Add 1/3 teaspoon of vanilla extract to each bowl of sugar mixture and stir well to incorporate.
4. Add 2 drops Vitamin E oil to each bowl and stir again to blend well.
5. Add 2-3 drops orange food gel to one bowl of sugar mixture. Mix well and set aside.
6. Add 2-3 drops yellow food gel to one bowl of sugar mixture. Mix well and set aside.
7. Transfer to an airtight container by adding the yellow sugar mixture first. Next, layer the orange sugar on top of the yellow sugar. Finally, add the white sugar mixture on top and seal with lid. Store for up to 3 months.
HOW TO USE
1. Wet skin in the shower or bath and apply the candy corn sugar scrub generously.
2. Using a circular motion, massage skin and allow the sugar granules to gently exfoliate and the coconut oil to moisturize.
3. Rinse with warm water.
4. Pat dry with towel.
5. Apply your favorite body lotion.
*This post does contain affiliate links.
Leave a Reply