This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/Rubbermaid®.
I’m a smart girl. I’m relatively creative…a problem solver, and determined. Despite all that, one thing I constantly find myself failing at is keeping produce fresh until the family has time to eat it. We’re busy. We either eat on the go or we have a huge homemade dinner. There’s not much in-between and what that means is I don’t have fresh fruits and veggies available for my family as often as I should because I hate to see it go to waste if we don’t eat it right away. I know…there are bigger problems in the world but as a busy mom I’m constantly struggling to find the balance between keeping the family healthy and keeping choices easy and convenient. As we all know healthy and convenient are not always wrapped up in the same fabulous package.
I’ve tried several different methods and while some things work okay, I’ve not been “wow’ed”. That’s recently changed however, because of Rubbermaid and their new line extension of FreshWorks, offering three new sizes for keeping produce fresh up to 80% longer* than traditional store packaging. Ummm…yay!!! Practical yet fashionable; the perfect marriage!
Why Use FreshWorks Produce Saver?
- Keeps Produce Fresher, Longer: FreshWorks is a food storage container that uses patented FreshVentTM technology to keep produce fresher up to 80% longer* than traditional produce packaging. It uses a revolutionary built-in FreshVent™ lid, which naturally regulates the flow of oxygen and CO2, in and out of the container to create the optimal environment so produce stays nearly as fresh as the day it was picked. The CrispTrayTM at the bottom elevates produce away from moisture and promotes proper airflow to help reduce spoilage.
- Reduces Waste: Many people find that their produce has spoiled after just a few days, leaving them no choice but to throw it away. FreshWorks extends the life of your produce, so you can eat your produce before it goes to waste.
- Saves Money: As a result of throwing away fresh produce, Americans waste $24 billion worth of produce every year, which is the equivalent of $192 per household.**
- Easy to Use: With FreshWorks Produce Saver, you can simply move produce from store packaging and into the FreshWorks containers before refrigerating to maintain freshness for up to 80% longer*. The lid filter lasts a lifetime, no replacements needed.
- Made in the USA of global components, BPA-free.
- Available now in six sizes to hold all types of produce:
- Lare Square (11.1 Cups): Perfect for Tomatoes
- Long Rectangle (8.4 Cups): Great for asparagus or zucchini
- Small Rectangle (4.0 Cups): Will keep your green beans fresh.
- Small (2.5 Cups): Ideal for small berries.
- Medium (6.3 Cups): Perfect for strawberries.
- Large (17.3 Cups): Optimal for leafy greens.
Of course in true Rubbermaid fashion you can use these bad boys for more than just fresh produce and I’m pretty sure that you’re going to love the results no matter what you store in your FreshWorks. Just think of all the possibilities with the Holidays coming up! Let me knowin the comments below what you’ll be storing in your new Rubbermaid FreshWorks containers and I’ll choose a lucky reader to win a set of their very own! All comments left prior to at 9am PST on 11/03/2017 will be entered to win. One entry per person. As always, thanks for reading!!!
*Based on strawberries in FreshWorks™ containers vs. store packaging. Results may vary depending upon produce and use.
** Source: USDA 2014