It’s the season for love and understanding, right? Well, when was the last time you gave yourself some of that?
In the past two years, life has been turned upside down. We’ve spent more time in utter limbo than anything else and understandably, many of us have let ourselves go. We’ve stopped caring about hobbies and health, exercise and self-care. When you’re stuck doing lockdowns and living in uncertainty, it makes sense that you would feel less motivated, less happy and more depressed. We’re all dealing with it and yet we’ve all never felt more alone in our day to day lives. It’s tough, and yet here we are about to embark on an entirely new year. The world that was brought to its knees is slowly getting to its feet, and it’s about time you do the same.
You deserve to be well. You deserve to look after yourself and you deserve to do it without feeling anxious, scared or worried. You deserve to book a place at https://www.sunshinebehavioralhealth.com/treatment/non-faith-based-rehab/ and get well if you’ve slipped into addiction or other bad habits during the time you were isolated from others. Your mental and physical health are important and while you might not believe that, you are important to others, too. Hear us when we say that you deserve every single good thing that’s ahead for you, and a new year is simply a new chapter – a turn of the page. The person you are right now won’t be the same next year and that’s entirely under your control. If you still don’t really get why you should be looking after yourself better, here is every reason to make sure that you do it.
- You’ll have more energy. The motivation pushing you to look after yourself is the same motivation that fires that energy within your soul. You’re going to be able to take a breather from the sadness you’ve been feeling and looking after yourself gives you a ton more energy. When you eat better, you feel better. When you move more, you feel better. When you talk to someone because you need help, you feel uplifted. See; energy!
- One of the most destructive behaviors that has popped up throughout the pandemic has been addiction. The money spent doesn’t just go on drugs and alcohol, either. It’s going on adding food, shopping online, gambling – it’s all addiction when you can’t stop. When you start to address the issues you’re facing, you won’t be spending your money in that way anymore, which means that you’ll have more of it.
- You will be far more productive. If you’re eating well, you’ll be inclined to move more to add to that and support your new life of looking after yourself better. Any type of program that’ll make you feel good about yourself will make you feel more productive, like you’re doing something to take control of your life.
- You’ll have way more life. Do you plan to die young? Most people don’t. Most people want to get to that old and crotchety stage of life where they can complain just because they can. They want to see their grandchildren get older and they want to attend their children’s marriages. You will extend your life when you stop indulging in habits that shorten it.
- You can be you again. You will never get back to who you were before COVID came along. None of us will. We’re all more cautious, more cynical, more engaged with the world than we were before. We’re all learning that it’s okay to grow and change. One of the best reasons to look after yourself is that you can be yourself and only those who matter to you need to understand that. It doesn’t matter how you plan to reclaim yourself, you’re going to be forever changed and that’s a good thing! Why be stagnant? You’ve changed and grown and instead of fighting that, step into the new you with complete gusto!
It’s not always easy to look after yourself, especially when your brain tells you that you are not deserving of it. However, it’ll be so much easier when you start to enjoy life and see how wonderful it can be. Use this experience and make changes. Life is short, so book the vacation, take the new classes and do the things that make your heart happy. Take care of yourself; you only get to do this once.
Leave a Reply