It’s berry season, and BBQ season, and I for one, am always stumped at what to bring to the party. I get tired of showing up with the same old thing all the time and I’m a dessert girl – I have to have something sweet to indulge in after a delicious meal. Chocolate melts in the summer so that’s out. Fruit salad is a good choice, but overused if you aske me (unless it’s Fruit Salad with Chocolate, that’s okay). Big dishes of whatever you make can be messy and you always waste the leftovers, but I’m solving all of those problems with these Individual Serving Size Berry Cobblers! Delicious right?
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 cups of fresh (or frozen) berries
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into small chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. (Not required but it makes cleanup and storage a lot easier.)
- Melt a stick (1/2 cup) of butter in the microwave. Pour a bit of the melted butter into each cup, keeping them as even as possible.
- Mix all ingredients except the berries and cream cheese together in a small bowl: Pour batter into the cups – about 3/4 full. Don’t mix the butter with the batter!
- Generously top the batter with berries, being careful not to overflow the cups.
- Add a couple chunks of cream cheese on top of the berries in each cup.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Check on them at the 40 minute mark and if they aren’t crispy/brown let them bake for 5 more minutes. Keep this up until they are a beautiful golden color
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tins.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or enjoy them on their own.