There are many things things that you need as a child that is provided for you by parents, family and other adults. When you’re a child, you wish and wish to be an adult so that you can give yourself what you need. That is, until you get to adulthood and realize that the whole thing is a lot more stressful and expensive than you thought!
Children need a lot in life, but that doesn’t mean that adults don’t need some stuff, too. It goes beyond the car, the house, the career – those things are checkboxes that need to be ticked off as you please. The rest? Well, it helps to know what you may now need seeing as you’re an adult now. Shall we take a look?
- Relationship Lessons: Learned. You should, by now, have had a relationship in some sense that has taught you things about yourself – whether good or bad!
- A Dang Good Outfit. You should always have at least one outfit ready in the closet that is your go-to, on the town, looking-dang-good outfit. It should be there, ready for you when the party gets started.
- Health Insurance. Now that you’re not with your parents anymore, you need to invest in your own health insurance that will cover you for health screenings, hearing tests, eye exams and other medical appointments. You need this, so don’t let it slack!
- A Packed Suitcase. A packed case in the wardrobe doesn’t mean that you’re planning to leave a partner. Instead, it means that you are ready and packed to travel wherever you want as the mood takes you.
- Self-Care Knowledge. You’re an adult now, so self-care is so much rarer than when you were a child. However, while you don’t always have the time to look after yourself, you do have the knowledge as to how to do it. Know how to soothe your soul and feel fantastic from the moment you need to!
- Exercise. As a kid, you ran everywhere. Formal exercise was a thing, but it didn’t matter. Now you NEED to exercise, to keep your heart healthy, keep your bones from stiffening up, to feel alive. Exercise as an adult HURTS, but you need it!
- Savings. A savings account can be exactly what you need as a grown up and it cannot be empty. You need to keep savings to one side for emergencies, holidays – whatever you want. Either way, you’re a grown up so you need to have financial back up so that you can be ahead of any emergencies.
- A Clue. By now, you should have some idea of what you want to do with your life. You should have a clue about where you want your life to go. Even if you can’t put anything into place right now, you can still know where you’d like it all to end up. Adults know things: and now you are one.
As a child, you don’t know how important that these things are – but adults? Adults know!