Life throws up a lot of confusing situations and some of them hit you when you least expect it. Knowing the time is right to move is important, but when you do move you are going to be hit with a range of emotions that you won’t expect. It’s emotional to leave a home after some time spent there; it’s a place you make a lot of memories with your family and it’s a place that you put down roots.
Leaving a home is scary and the unknown is even worse, but the time may be here to start moving on once again. Change is good, and if you’re still struggling to decide the best option for you, check out these signs that you are ready to move to a new home.
- If your home is starting to feel too small, there is a chance it’s because either your family is growing, or you are growing up and out of the home you first bought. The most common reason that people start arranging their move with Shiply is that they are growing their families and no longer have the space in their current home for more people. A home that’s too small is one that you need to leave behind.
- One the flip side of the above, what if your kids are now old enough to fly the nest? They’ve moved up and out and you’re left with a big house with too many rooms. Larger homes are harder to clean, harder to maintain and cost a bomb in your energy bills. You need to downsize when the house is too big, and if this is the case, you may be ready to move to a new home.
- Sometimes, people choose to move when the suburb they’ve invested in begins to decline. Crime rates are increasing everywhere, and if you notice that the local area is too noisy, unsafe or has too much traffic, it may be a good sign that you should move forward and buy a house elsewhere.
- You could lose a lot of money in your home if you have a lot of maintenance costs to think about. You don’t need to pour all of your income into a house you have to constantly renovate; it’s not supposed to be this way. When repair costs are climbing, you end up burning right through your money every month. You need a practical solution that will mean that you are saving instead – and often, this solution is to move house.
- When your house no longer feels like a home, it’s time to make new memories in a new place. You should feel comfortable and confident in the place where you live. Your home should be somewhere you feel happy and excited. It should appeal to you and make you feel good on the inside. If you have moved to a new house, you can create that feeling over again once more.
A move is a big choice: get it right and you’ll feel happy once more.